Monday, April 14, 2014

Transfer to Emporia

Hello Everyone!  

So, my new area here in Emporia is amazing. It has such a neat history and feel here and I absolutely love it. Emporia is a little town of about 11,000 people. It has a university, Emporia State and a little tech college as well, and it is so cool. Some interesting facts about it include the fact that it is the city that founded Veterans Day, it houses the teacher's hall of fame, and it has been voted the best tasting water in the country (though I can't really tell that big a difference). It is still a small enough town that almost everyone will talk to us and smile back to us and wave as they drive by, yet it is big enough to keep us busy for a while. I love it!

My new companion Elder Bird is quite a neat little fellow. He is super excited to work really hard with me and be exactly obedient. He is from Arizona and is way fun. We have already had the chance to see that we work very well together; we teach well, contact well, and just have a good old time together. This transfer is really going to be a blast. 

We are working with a few great people in this area, although our major goal is now to find. The ward is very excited to have both Elders and Sisters here and we are completely ready to work with them to invite a ton of new people to learn how happy this gospel can help them be.

I love you all so much! I want you to know our Savior has His hands in all things. There is nothing that happens that he doesn't know about and there is nothing that happens that He can't use to help you learn and grow. If we are able to learn and then accept His will completely in our lives, we will be so much better off. I am working on that and it will take me a lifetime, but with His help, it is possible. I so testify in His sacred name, even Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment