Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Zone Conference, Transfer to Wichita & Reunion with Elder Chun

Hello Everyone!

Wow. It is still weird for me to think that I am a missionary. It is definitely the best. We have so many experience every day that seem to be once in a lifetime things, and we feel the Spirit so strongly all the time it is just incredible. I love it with all my heart.

So this week, we had a lot (compared to most weeks) of our time to be out proselyting cut because of meetings. They were incredible though, so it is all good! Tuesday we had a Zone Conference, and that was awesome! Elder Nash from the Seventy came and taught us very powerfully. It was amazing to see how well he knew the scriptures and how he could answer every questions. The Spirit was there bearing witness of everything he said so powerfully, that on the drive home from the conference, I was physically, mentally and spiritually exhausted. Thank goodness the Lord was able to help me still get out and do some work. In fact, after that meeting, attempting to apply many of the things we were just taught to do, we had one of the most powerful lessons we have had with Johnson Sehna, a recent convert who is also now less-active. Words just cannot describe how great it was.

We also had to listen to a bunch of conference calls too. Elder Eyre got called to be a trainer again (thankfully I dodged that bullet) so we had to listen in on the "train the trainers" meeting. It was really good, and the church keeps coming out with great things to help missionary become more powerful and effective even more quickly. In fact, there is a new booklet called adjusting to missionary life that will be used to help new missionaries, and really all missionaries, deal with stress, physical and spiritual demands, and self confidence, and all that stuff. It is pretty great. We also participated in the call for all the missionaries finishing their training. I am proud to say that I am now eligible to be advanced to a senior companion, if the need arises. Also, I have now been approved to drive, also if the need arises.

This week was pretty awesome all around, and we found this amazing man, who is very ready to hear the Gospel, just last night. His name is Willie, and he was a referral that we contacted, and he is super excited to learn. Unfortunately, I will not be able to continue to teach him because I will be transferred tomorrow. I am headed down to Wichita in Auburn Hills to be companions with Elder Chun...that's right, my MTC companion. I am super excited. Anyone that I need to contact?

Love you all!

Elder Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment